Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Marcus Lewis names Florida his leader

hobochops987's picture
April 14, 2014 at 4:38pm
7 Comments

Ugh, first Minkah Fitzpatrick named Alabama his leader, now Marcus Lewis names Florida his leader.  Two of our top defensive back targets have now just become less likely yo commit to us.

Hopefully Marcus Lewis will visit Ohio State again because we were his leader after he made his first visit.

teddyballgame's picture

I share your feeling of disappointment over Lewis, but I cant' say that I was ever that optimistic about Fitzpatrick

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

The only way I feel we'd have the possibility of landing him is if we get a commitment from Brandon Wimbush. I know they aren't a package deal, but it'd definitely help.

Class of '16

Braxton2Devin's picture

Not too worried about DBs right now. Just of the top of my head, I can name a bunch of young talent that we've pulled in the past few years: Gareon Conley, Eli Apple, Marshon Lattimore, Erick Smith, Vonn Bell, Cameron Burrows, Jamel Dean, Ben Edwards, etc.... 

But I do agree that it sucks that we're falling behind on these top recruits.

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

You left maybe the best DB of all off your list....Dame Webb

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Don't most people kind of think that Glover-Williams is better suited to play CB at the next level anyways? The way I see it, Kirk is perfect for the H-back role. A defensive back class of Glover-Williams, Dean and Edwards would be really good.

Also, speaking of Jamel Dean, a lot of people are sleeping on that kid. He's 6'2 and runs a 4.3 40. In our press coverage scheme, he will be a monster.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I wasn't very familiar with Jamel Dean until the Friday Night Lights where he performed real well. Was one of the top performers. A lot of fans were asking who "this kid" was. 

OSUlewis's picture

Remember "hearing" he was ready to commit on his visit too.