Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

2015 OT is Down to Two Schools: Ohio State and Penn State

Mercurius's picture
April 4, 2014 at 11:12am
15 Comments

The top rated player from PA, Sterling Jenkins, has narrowed his top schools to OSU and Penn State. He has an upcoming visit to the good guys on April 11. What makes this sweeter is that many thought he was a TSUN lean earlier in his recruitment. While most predict that Franklin keeps him in PA--I think there is a good chance Ed Warinner gets him here.

buckeyeEddie27's picture

Hope we get him for sure. 

Franklin is on a tear.  This would be a nice up-yours from Urban and Co.

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+3 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Too bad he's going to PSU's Spring Game on the 12th, the day after he visits OSU, and not OSU's.

+2 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

Just read this on 247. Unless something crazy happens, he goes right back to Penn State the next day and commits.

FROMTHE18's picture

Haven't heard too much about him possibly favoring the buckeyes. With Franklin's hot start to 2015, I just don't think we pull him in this early. If he does pull the trigger now or soon, it'll be PSU IMO. Until Penn State plays football, expect Franklin to ride a high. I think if/maybe when PSU struggles to perform, then we may see some of their commits look elsewhere. I dream of the match up with OSU and Meyer unleashing hell in Happy Valley. But, for now, its just a dream. 

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

His Twitter is filled with a bunch of pro-PSEw crap.

Looks like he's buying the snake oil from Jimmy "I've beat only four winning FBS beams in my life" Franklin.

Can't wait til OSU pounds these fools again next season. You can't duck OSU anymore Jimmy Franks.

-1 HS
Mercurius's picture

That's just it. I think OSU will win this one if it is drawn out. Ed Warinner has such a sterling reputation of having a dominating O-line where it's one of the weakest parts of Penn State; no depth. Herb Hand lacks experience and doesn't have any proof of being able to coach kids into the NFL. Jenkins might get early playing time at Penn State--but has a much higher ceiling at OSU. I think if Jenkins is uncommitted by Oct 25, he is going to be a Buckeye.

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Do not forget that PSU offers these 17 and 18 year old kids what OSU can't guarantee right now - IMMEDIATE playing time. By Franklin's 2nd year, they'll be easily the third most talented team in B1G (behind OSU and scUM), and probably the third best team overall (behind OSU and MSU).

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
BAR43's picture

This! Not to discredit Franklins abilities to recruit. But the biggest thing working against OSU and helping PSU is playing time early. There is no kids going to PSU that legit thinks he is going to win a Championship or beat OSU in the next 4 yrs. They are going for playing time, period.

bethesdabuck's picture

Maybe it's a setup by Franklin in order to get a perceived 'win' over OSU and Meyer in recruiting. 

+2 HS
Turtlebuster's picture

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

-1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

This is the same kid that called other buckeye recruits arrogant but said the *ichigan kids were really cool. A lot of other stuff was discovered when these comments were posted a year ago. I do not want to get  a heated debate going but this kid might be better off going to psu in my opinion. Addition by subtraction.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+4 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I'll eat my shoe if he becomes a buckeye.  His twitter is full of PSU stuff and he's saying things like "One more commit and the boys in blue are the number one class"....Lol.

Kid probably wanted to commit to PSU the other day but Franklin was like "hey do me a favor and take that visit to OSU first so it will look even better".

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Yea I wouldnt trust the kid after he badmouthed some of our other recruits and commits last year. Wouldnt surprise me one bit to see him trash our coaches and make up stuff about his visit here after he commits to psu.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

otrain2416's picture

Last time Birm talked about him I remember him saying something along the lines him and the staff were going in different directions so I was surprised to see him visiting in the first place. The fact he's coming on campus is big though. I expect him to choose PSU based off what a lot of the recruiting guys have said, but never count out Urban when a recruit is coming for a visit.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

I'll touch on this a bit Sunday afternoon.