Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Tennessee athlete sets decision date...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
March 25, 2014 at 7:11pm
13 Comments

Jauan Jennings, a quarterback/safety prospect from Murfreesboro (Tenn.) is announcing on April 7th, according to an email I received from his head coach this morning. 

April 7 at 9am in Media Center Jauan will be committing to one of the following schools:

Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Northwestern, Miss State, Ohio State

I don't expect the Buckeyes to be the pick.

tussey's picture

Birm - Where do you think he will end up?

I think UT is a good bet.

BuckFly's picture

As Steve Spurrier once said "You can't spell Citrus (Bowl) without UT."

+1 HS
mtrotb's picture

And Vince Dooley used to say, "You can't spell the Sugar Bowl without UGA"

mtrotb

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Well, you can't spell Citrus Bowl OR Sugar Bowl without "OSU".

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Looking forward to hearing from Van Jefferson...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

sivaDavis's picture

Tennessee takes a QB commit before TG announces? Would it have any effect on him? Probably not. But I'd still like to see it

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

He is going to be a safety in college.  

buckeyes1934's picture

Jennings is a good athlete, but def not a QB at the next level. I've heard down here that Vanderbilt is the school in play for him. Jefferson on the other hand seems to be all OSU. It's got to be tough for UT that a lot of the top talent in their state is going to go elsewhere this year. Richmond and Jefferson to OSU hopefully, Jennings to Vandy, and Jackson Harris the TE doesn't seem to be heading to Knoxville either. The states top porspect, Rico McGraw doesn't have UT in his top 3. He's committed to UGA, but that won't last from what I've heard.

Vanderbilt is a school I'd heard for Jennings too but since they're not on the list of schools his coach sent me, I doubt it is them.

Jeremypreemo81's picture

If Birm says UT I say UT...the end

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

I live here in Murfreesboro and there doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about where Jennings is going to go.  I have been told that Phillip Shadowens (Blackman's HC) doesn't push his players towards UT because of how they treated a former player from about 5-6 years ago when he was the HC at Smyrna High.  That's why I'Tavius Mathers ended up at Ole Miss and didn't really look at UT.  I'd say this is a UT/Vandy battle but I have no idea where he will pick.  Butch Jones has made it a goal to keep the top talent in the state.  Jennings will be a good safety but he isn't very impressive throwing the ball, so I don't think QB is an option.  

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Time will see - and if he's THAT good - we still have time to flip