Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Chris Clark Schedules Ohio State Visit

John Brandon's picture
March 25, 2014 at 2:08pm
25 Comments

The Buckeyes made a huge step today, getting Chris Clark to tentatively schedule a visit to Ohio State in late April. Clark is also visiting Notre Dame this weekend.

m5987usus's picture

Go flip that burger (recruit) urb!!

O-H!

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Go flip that burger (recruit) urb!!

The Brady Hoke philosphy on recruiting. Visualize the recruit as food!

-1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Is this a case of him thinking he might've jumped the gun on things by committing to UNC so early or what?

Unfortunately for OSU, UNC and ND feature the tight end in their offenses. What does Urban do when he's talking to a TE recruit, show him footage exclusively of his Florida players and Heuerman blocking?

Getting Clark to visit is a good start, and I won't rule out anything, but seems like this could be an uphill battle. 

mh277907's picture

I would imagine that Urban is selling him on the fact that NFL tight ends need to know how to block and not just catch balls. It may not be nearly as appealing to a young high school kid but guys like Heuerman will play on Sundays as well.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Yeah, heck, if you wanna be a TE in the NFL who catches TD passes you should just be playing basketball in college anyway.

+1 HS
krodawg's picture

Heuerman was a top 14 TE last year based on receiving yards, despite only playing in 10 games. Niklas from ND? 13th.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/stats/playersort/NCAAF/TE

Urban's pitch isn't that difficult.

...edit to fix link.

+6 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Okay. But ND can also say " We had Tyler Eifert drafted in the 1st round in 2013 by the Bengals and he was the only tight end taken in the 1st round."

But listen, I'm hopeful that with Clark visiting Urban can persuade him to come to OSU. And I'm also hopeful that Heuerman, Vannett, and Baugh have good seasons.

+2 HS
krodawg's picture

I know, I know. Just pointing out that it's not like Urban is trying to sell a Pinto.

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Definitely not a Pinto:) 

Horvath22's picture

It's Urbanator time!

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Per Brandon Brown (MGoBlog's recruiting guy), Clark will also visit UM. Date not yet set.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
45OH4IO's picture

The most important question on the field is "who's the quarterback?". Can he make a read and put the ball where it needs to be quickly and accurately?

I don't care if your offense features the tight end if you don't have someone to get the ball to him. Do Cardale and Barrett have that ability?

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2014/03/34448/...

Birm seems to think he is only taking extra visits to appease some people around him.  Any time you can get a kid on campus, it's a good thing.

Squirrel Master's picture

actually, he is taking the ND visit specifically to appease others around him. He is throwing in OSU because he always loved OSU and wants to make sure that UNC is the right place for him. Birm said OSU is not being pushed on him by anyone, just curiosity.

not the most glowing situation to get the kid on campus but he isn't being dragged here by others, just ND. He actually does want to visit OSU.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+3 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

He is excited about the ND trip, but he's got a lot of people suggesting them to him - Ohio State (and to a lesser degree, Michigan) are two schools that he's interested in getting to see because of own interest.

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Thanks for the clarification Birm.

Squirrel Master's picture

yeah, I meant that OSU and ND are two different situations. I didn't mean that he wasn't at all interested in ND.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Braxton2Devin's picture

Why commit in the first place?

Chris just sent me an update, he'll now be visiting Ohio State on April 18, not the 25th.

ab1993's picture

Too bad it isn't a week earlier for the spring game

TeddyHeisman's picture

Clark now tells 247 that Urban spoke with him tonight and the visit is set for 4/26-4/27. 

-2 HS

I THINK it's still going to happen the 18th.

Jeremypreemo81's picture

He's going to be flipped, it may not be to the good guys but he isnt going to be a Tarheel