Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

New top 247 released today

AngryWoody's picture
February 18, 2014 at 5:40pm
22 Comments

Eric Glover Williams fell 2 spots to 83. Jamal Dean fell 32 spots to 199 and Ben Edwards didn't crack the top 247.

Buckeye lean SDE Terry Beckner rose 22 spots to become the number 2 ranked recruit in America. Torrance Gibson rose 7 spots to become the number 9 ranked recruit in America. I'm not going to go through everyone but you can check it out for yourself HERE.

We're in the running for a ton of high profile guys this year. I know it's early on, but if we can close the deal we are in great shape for another top five recruiting class.

m5987usus's picture

Top 247 does a really good job at their website

+5 HS
KBonay's picture

I sure hope this staff can improve on the past two years classes....

+6 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Yes, the bar is set too low. 

Edit: Do wish I could ⬆ the OP as this the kind info I look to find from time to time. 

Thanks AngryWoody. 

+2 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

This class is gonna be insane by the end of this cycle. In urb we trust. Egw is top 50 talent imo. Never saw a player live that exciting in hs with the ball in his hand and he's clutch. His first start at qb his sophomore yr vs walsh jesuit it was 4th and 12 on McKinleys own 14 late in 4th down 4. Qb draw was called an eric breaks it 86 yds for the game winning td. I knew he was special his freshman yr but that first game his soph yr really just completely sold me on him as a legit top 50 talent nationally. Best player in ohio imo, urbans too (whole face of program thing)

O'Deez330
stark county football

+1 HS
almurray10's picture

Dang, looks like we could have a good chance at 7 or so of the top 50 guys. Not gonna get too worked up about it now since there's still a long, long ways to go before NSD 2015, but the early potential of this class has me really excited.

osubuck57's picture

That's a hell of a list!!! Will be interesting to see how the list changes through 2014. Edwards will be ranked. Bet he will be one of the biggest movers when it's all said and done.

SCOTTC.

FROMTHE18's picture

this means nothing until february 2015.

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Well, it means a little something now I would guess since you commented.   It's what we have now during this dead period to evaluate and then rehash next year about this time.  Thank God for the for someone's new perspective this time of year.  I love to see the guess-work and stress that teams/fans go through this time of year while they jockey for position for the top recruits in the nation.  Thank God again for making You/Me Buckeyes who are lucky enough to be engaged in this process year after year.  I love it so!

danbrown7665's picture

Terry Beckner Jr. is far from a buckeye lean. I just don't want everyone to get their hopes up and think that Beckner and Settle are locks when they are just simply not.

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

+4 HS
skid21's picture

I agree. I'm not a insider but from this comment I would think we are no where near a leader for Beckner.

No OSU for Beckner? That's surprising. http://247sports.com/Board/30/Leaders-For-Beckner-Jr-Strong-26005663/1

otrain2416's picture

Bed Edwards hits like a train

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Just like his brother Ben.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Give it time - all our recruits will be higher as the DAY approaches.

BuckGnome's picture

Except on ESPN's rankings

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Thanks for posting the updated link, Angry.

teddyballgame's picture

This 2015 class could be the best yet.  Crazy.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture
I'm sure the exact opposite will be said if Ohio State doesn't get another committ before May.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

Ben Edwards style of play reminds me a lot of Donte Whitner. He plays with a nasty mean streak.  That should be great for our secondary

brandonbauer87's picture

So....he should change his name to Ben Hitwards?

+1 HS
HomeBrewed's picture

Thanks for the link! Still wayyyy early in the game to get one's hopes up about potential commits, though. That being said, with the combine right around the corner we can all at least sate our football cravings for a brief moment.

Clever Statement

Chise47's picture

It always perplexes me how a player can "rise or fall", and no football at all is being played.

It's why I pay no attention to the NFL combine. Just because a guy runs a slow, or fast 40, doesn't mean he all of a sudden is a worse, or better football player. Let's let the season play out & see what the young men do on the feild, not at camps & such.

Add to that the fact that if you browse through all the recruiting sites, Scout, Rivals, E$pin & 247, they're all across the board on who is ranked where.

I just trust UFM & his evaluations. Last year, no one had Curtis Samuel on their mind/list. By the end of the year, everyone did.

Go Bucks !!!

Grayskullsession's picture

This time of year the "experts" are going through tape of last years games. Trust me once football actually starts back up the ratings will go nuts again.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+1 HS