Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Five-star visitor coming in two weeks...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
February 14, 2014 at 1:56pm
73 Comments

Arizona native (Saguaro HS) Christian Kirk is visiting Ohio State with his parents on February 27th.

I have a full story on Kirk coming Sunday morning. I was told about the visit on Wednesday but was hoping we'd get to keep it a "secret" until then, haha, unfortunately didn't happen that way. 

This is not a joyride for Kirk and his family, it's a business trip and a major opportunity for the Buckeyes to get into the game for Kirk who absolutely fits the "role" that Ohio State has filled in 2013 and 2014 with Dontre Wilson and Curtis Samuel. He's "that guy" for 2015.

m5987usus's picture

Birm does he have an offer and what are the possibilities he is a buckeye?  Also im annoying you now lol, but any chance of highlights?  Thank you birm for all the hard work you do man.

O-H!

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

damn son. Real pumped for this. 

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

osubuck57's picture

@ M5987usus, he does have an offer from us. He would be great get for us since we missed out on Andrews last year. Andrews was like a 6'4 receiver though, not a burner like Kirk is.

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
stittracer99's picture

Great news. Do you think we have a chance since we really loaded up with these types of players in the last two classes? It seems to be pretty crowded at the H right now. #BuckeyeProblems

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

It's like watching an Oregon highlight video.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Damn! He's faster and seems like he handles better than my car!

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Where is Scotty?
WE NEED SOMEBODY TO BEAM UP CAPTAIN KIRK ASAP!
CAPTAIN KIRK!!!!!!

+1 HS
FitzBuck's picture

Speed, balance, hands.....I think my eyes are bleeding!  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

Odds he leaves Pac 12 country?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

50/50? Hahaha. He's not bound to a region, as this visit should illustrate. 

This is - in my opinion - the best WR in the country for 2015. Just an absolute beast.

m5987usus's picture

Birm what are the chances we land him? And also why did you start two articles with Liam McCollough is Number Four and Damien Harris is Number??? Interesting birm :)

O-H!

+9 HS

Those are called "Just in case" stories, haha, they should NOT be visible on my "recent posts" from my profile. That will be fixed. :)

m5987usus's picture

hahahaha birm you are too awesome man, it must mean something if you have them "just in case" i like that

O-H!

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Birm, you tease...

Italics are for emphasis.

+2 HS
Alpo's picture

Better talk to Jason about that one Birm! Lol good stuff. Yeah this kid has all the tools no question, let's hope Urban can bring him to Columbus. 

Would you still say that if George Campbell were listed as a WR instead of an ATH?

Yes, I think Kirk is more ready to play in college NOW but Campbell could have more upside.

Bucki78's picture

That feeling when I see something I want.

"But I don't have to rely on a lot of people to tell me about the traditions of Ohio State. I lived it, I breathed it, I know it and I love it." - Urban Meyer

+16 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

You never DV a Farley .gif or pic!!

+8 HS
CC's picture

It was hard to tell but it looks like there was pretty good competition but he was clearly a man among boys.

It will be interesting to me to see if he can pull some of those moves in college.  The running backwards stuff always scares me.

+1 HS

Ummmm, sign him up please.  Reminds me a little of Diggs. 

FitzBuck's picture

Nooooooooooooo.  The thought of missing on Diggs still Haunts me.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS

Christian Kirk: 5'10 195  4.49 40.

Rivals - 4*  #3 ranked WR, 21st overall.

Scout - 4* #4 ranked WR

ESPN - 4* #4 ranked WR, 36th overall.

247 - 4*/5* Composite speaking 5*, #1 WR 32nd overall.

Question about the composite rankings at 247, it's supposed to be all of the recruiting sites averaged out correct?  How can all 4 (including 247) rate him as a 4*, yet his composite ranking is 5*?  Doesn't really make sense, but I don't know how the composite is figured out, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it!  Anyways, this dude should be a 5*... Game Changer.

+2 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

I don't know how it works, but let's assume a guy is ranked #2 on all 4 services, but each service has a different guy at #1. The composite #1 player would the guy everyone has at #2. Maybe this is the case.

+1 HS
John Brandon's picture

I believe what 247 does is they just average out the players overall rank from each site and ranks them based off of that. The #of stars simply correlates to where they are ranked (I believe they do exactly 32 5-stars because of 32 picks in the NFL draft). For example if a player is #1 on every site he has a "perfect rating" of 1.000000 and if a guy was 1 on every site but 1 then he would be a .999999. Then they have a certain cutoff for each # of stars.

The cutoff for 4-stars is a 90, but they round up a 89.5 for example. Since Kirk has a weighted average score of .985 or whatever, that correlates to a 5-star.

The only flaw with the feature is that is hard to compare players from class to class because it doesn't take into account the overall strength of the class (as far as I know)

Ahh, okay that makes sense.   Thanks JB.

Silver Bullet 10's picture

Boom! This is incredible. This kid is my #2 want on offense, only behind Torrance Gibson. He reminds me of blend of Marshon Lattimore and Jabrill Peppers. Definitely one of the best players in this class.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Samuel and Kirk would be a nice duo.

JYBUCKEYE's picture

Do your thing Coach!!

+2 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

I don't know how many touchdowns he scored last year, but about thirty were on this video!!  He wasn't tackled ONCE, on the entire 8:00 video.  He just flat-out outruns everyone.  He hits like a missile, too.  Anytime a guy scores EVERY time he touches the ball, on an 8 minute video----you sign him up. 

+2 HS

According to maxpreps he had 33 total TDs his JR year.

825 yards rushing 13 TDs, 10.71 ypc

1164 yards receiving 17 TDs

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

Makin' fools miss, one man at a time. This kid has some serious quicks and top end speed. Urban loves the shifty ones like this. I like the idea of stockpiling these H-back athletes every year.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

NICE!  I thought the only thing good to come out of that school was my WIFE!

+3 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Don't say Percy Harvin....don't say Percy Harvin...don't say Percy Harvin...

Our Honor Defend!

+5 HS
buckeyedude's picture

You can't call him that. He's not from the swamp(SEC country). He's from the desert.

Lawver_5's picture

To be fair, neither is percy harvin

bafiesta's picture

Percy just had a kick return for a TD and several long sweeps in the Super Bowl.  You can be the house that Urban will continue to milk that name with recruits for a bit longer.  

cdkmike's picture

go get him urb wow

Michael green

laishley15's picture

Wow.  He will be super hard to pull, but he must have some serious interest to visit on his own dime.  I find it interesting that OSU is the only midwest school he is visiting also.

+1 HS
John Brandon's picture

he made sure to emphasize that he wouldn't be visiting Michigan on this visit, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

buckguyfan1's picture

Nice to see the young man has character and smarts as well as 5 star talent.

+4 HS
buckeyedude's picture

If I could upvote you John, I would. ;)

toad1204's picture

I just read somewhere that he's all Kentucky.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+9 HS
edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Well I'm sold. Come on down.

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

This kid seems to not only have a great take off, but he hits a top speed quick! He also stops on a dime then kicks the gear back in. Def on my wish list!

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Captain Kirk, please report to the Shoe for duty.

+1 HS
BammBammRiley's picture

Urban seems to be super driven to succeed at achieving his lofty goal towards THE #1 ranked, undisputed class across all boards in 2015!!!

Feb 27 seems to be piling up a number of goodies, among other things I believe season two of VIKINGS airs. I just watched the entire first season today. An escape from Valentine's Day mushiness.

Obviously almost only something a single person would say/do today.

BammBamm is my dog, Riley is my 4 yr old daughter, and THE Ohio state Buckeyes complete the three most sacred loves I cherish

+3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

An escape from Valentine's Day mushiness.

Obviously almost only something a single person would say/do today.

There's no need to feel guilty for being single. Wear that badge proudly.

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

Holy Crap that kid is fast and shifty! Get em Coach!

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

ScarletNGrey01's picture

Wow, "escapability" and shiftiness.  Some of his moves remind me of XBrax the way he jukes defenders out of their shoes.

The will to win is not as important as the will to prepare to win. -- Woody Hayes

ChillitownBuck30's picture

Dudes speed is LEGIT!!  Wow, get'em Urban!

“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”

buckeyedude's picture

Damn that dude has some jets!

I just hope it isn't snowing and -8* when they come to Ohio. I think there is a warming trend coming, and it's going to get a whole lot warmer in C-bus with these kids Urban is recruiting.

Crimson's picture

-8º, Alt +167 on number pad, ¿entiende?

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Perfect. Rod Smith can handoff the #2 jersey to him.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

-1 HS
bull1214's picture

i just saw where penn st. offered kirk. hopefully he doesnt sneak a visit in there also

BuckChoi's picture

Speed, speed, and more speed.  Yes, please!

Nashville Buckeye's picture

One thing I like a lot on here is that every time he scores, he just flips the ball to the official!  No show-boating.  He lets his play do all the talking.

Would love to get him and Gibson together and see what they could do!

Buckeye Knight's picture

Kid looks MUCH faster than the 4.49 40 listed and 11.0 100 meter.  Anyone else find other times for him?

Mercurius's picture

Is there a list of all upcoming visitors anywhere?

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

That list has passed away with the old site. Hopefully to be resurrected I believe.

+1 HS
hardkorethree's picture

I usually don't get too excited over a highlight film, but this guy would be a HUGE get.  I'm betting Urban becomes his primary recruiter.

Seattle Linga's picture

If we get him and another speedster the following year. we will have four lightning quick "TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE" guys every time they touch it