Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Northeast Ohio Regional Recruiting

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
February 10, 2014 at 5:23pm
17 Comments

Is there a player in Northeast Ohio that you feel is worthy of college recruiting attention? Post about them here, let us get to know them, post highlights, stats and more. The 11W ​recruiting team needs all the help we can get!

OSU52's picture

Joe Alessi RB. South Range. 

Highlights:

www.hudl.com/athlete/o/558470/joe-alessi

+1 HS
Superjjaacckk's picture

Alex Stump from Saint Edward High School. He just picked up an offer from Western Michigan, and he reminds me of an Anquan Boldin type player. Phyiscal and can make tough catches in traffic, especially in big games. Just a great pair of hands.
Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2012718/alex-stump

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I know John plans to have an update on Alex soon. Good looking prospect. 

SpoonerBuck33's picture

I don't have any stats but '16 WR Justin Layne from my alma mater has good size.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2084703/

otrain2416's picture

Todd Sibley- 2017 RB 5'10 190 Archbishop Hoban HS

2013 MaxPreps Freshman All American only other Ohio player with OSU QB commit Danny Clark 

Stats- 1201 rushing yards 12 TDs 10 receptions 201 yards 1 TD

Hudl   

johnny11's picture

The kid from loveland got freshman all american too.

otrain2416's picture

ya i didn't see they did a second team too good call 

sharks's picture

I'd like to know who's big in Cleveland outside of Baker from Benedictine and the brothers from Ed's.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

otrain2416's picture

Alex Stump  Class of 2015 St. Eds  Numbers from recent combine 6'4 1/2  181lbs    40- 4.54

Hudl

Honestly idk why this kid doesn't have more offers and isn't being looked at hard by OSU. He looks like the real deal. Eds has a lot of D1 athletes this year and I think guys like Crawford and the Dowell brothers may be overshadowing him a bit. 

TCOB_6's picture

I'm with you on Alex Stump. With his combination of size and speed, I don’t understand the lack of interest. He looked pretty solid from his highlights.

Superjjaacckk's picture

The offers have actually began rolling in for him in these past couple weeks. He now has 4 and visited Sparty recently.

OSU52's picture

I would defiantly take this kid he has size and speed

Jordan Wagner's picture
Dante Redwood

Dante Redwood might not have any scholarship offers, but that has only fueled him to work harder. With a nice showing at Massillon's Nike Football Skills Combine, Redwood was pleased but not satisfied. He is already back on the football grind, even hungrier than before, as he tweeted. 

The Midview High School standout owns a SPARQ rating of 99.99, which was in the 99th percentile of athletes in attendance at Massillon NFTSC. SPARQ rating is a commonly used scoring system designed to measure sport-specific athleticism. Measuring in at 5-foot-9, 165 pounds, the unranked athlete had the fifth highest score for vertical jump. 

On the football field, he plays all over the field for his team. He stars at corner, wide receiver and plays special teams for the 7-3 Midview Middies. An injury during his junior campaign held him out of all but three games. In the brief period, he would score four touchdowns and would own his territory, much like he did during his sophomore season. 

Like many juniors around the nation, the recruiting side of things are just starting to take off for the Northeastern Ohio prospect. "Things are kind of starting to pick up. Just a lot of letters and emails being exchanged," Dante told Eleven Warriors. "I'm visiting Kent State coming up here on March 8th."

His recruitment could soon take off, especially after his impress combine performance. Junior Days, which is schools bringing in junior prospects to visit in masses, should help Redwood understand where he stands on a few teams recruiting boards. "I think Kent State and Toledo might be close to offering. When I visit Kent (State) I'll hopefully get a better idea."

During the past college football season, Dante was able to take visits to Cincinnati and Indiana. "I liked Indiana a lot when I went there. They had a good atmosphere," he said. "But I absolutely loved Cincinnati. The coaching staff was awesome, the fans were awesome and the players seemed to take a liking to all the recruits there."

Redwood visited Ohio State for Friday Night Lights, a football camp which draws many of Ohio's top prospects, and also worked out during a three-day camp in June. 

While he doesn't have a top list of schools, the Ohio native knows exactly what he is looking for in his future school. "I'm looking for a school that has good academic prestige and a roster that will give me an opportunity to possibly play early."

Here are Dante Redwood's highlights from two scrimmages and the first three games before injury.

Jordan Wagner's picture

Dante Redwood (see article above) recently visited Toledo. How'd his visit with Toledo go? "I sat down 1-on-1 with Coach Sage, their new receivers coach, and watched some film with him because they're recruiting me as a wide receiver," said the Midview junior. "Also, I got a nice tour of the campus and a look at the plans for their new locker rooms."

Did the versatile prospect pick up his first offer on his trip to Toledo? "Nope, but hopefully when I'm there for a camp," Redwood told 11W

He plans to visit Eastern Michigan on Saturday. 

RoyWalley's picture

Justin Rankin - Elyria Catholic High School

Has 3 offers to date:  Buffalo. Toledo and W meechigan.    This kid is fast.

otrain2416's picture

Ted Stieber- from my alma mater Hoban. Has offers from Minnesota, Illinois, Syracuse, Rutgers along with some MAC ones. 

hobochops987's picture

Anthony Christian-Basketball

Archbishop Hoban, Akron,Ohio, Class of 2016

Offers from Cleveland State and Kent State.

Trust in UFM