Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Northwest Ohio Regional Recruiting

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
February 10, 2014 at 5:22pm
36 Comments

Is there a player in Northwest Ohio that you feel is worthy of college recruiting attention? Post about them here, let us get to know them, post highlights, stats and more. The 11W recruiting team needs all the help we can get!

kmp10's picture

Staff: Are the regional areas in which you ask for assistance the only areas in Ohio of interest? What about central Ohio?

I need to add one for central ohio as well, thanks. Columbus area obviously needs to be covered.

BuckeyeAZOH's picture

My hometown doesn't get much love when it comes to football and sending kids to big time schools. Breck Turner from Norwalk Truckers.
RB 6' 190lbs
185 carries 1910 yds 33 tds
5 rec 202yds 4 tds

Sorry but not sure how to post highlights

Purple Raider

+3 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I've seen him play since I'm from Sandusky Perkins. Here are his highlights. I know he has visited Northwestern and Penn State. Interest from quite a few schools. 

BuckeyeAZOH's picture

Yeah I just heard Purdue and Cinci as well

Purple Raider

+1 HS
Norwalk's picture

Glad to see you post this. I thought I was going to have to go all Waycraken to get Breck some attention on this board.

JYBUCKEYE's picture

Kind of off topic Jordan, but I didn't know you were from Perkins.  I have alot of friends with kids your age that went to Perkins.  I'm from Castalia by the way.  Does your family run a business on Old Railroad?

Ha, Castalia. I've got family there, my uncle and his family have lived there forever.

JYBUCKEYE's picture

Do you have a cousin named Thomas?

JYBUCKEYE's picture

That's crazy!!  I have been friends with Thomas for 20+ years. He graduated a year ahead of me. We used to call your uncle coach Gorbachev because of the birthmark on his forehead

+1 HS

LOL, that's my dad's brother. We don't get to Castalia much, but I see Thomas about once a year. 

Jordan Wagner's picture

Indeed. Small world. 

buckguyfan1's picture

Wonder how he did against my old Bellevue Redmen?  Good old Rt. 20 battle.

Impressive numbers.

Norwalk's picture

Here are his highlights from last year's game against Bellevue.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3106011/highlights/85005833

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Ouch, he looks like a fine talent.  Not sure where the Redmen Linebackers were hiding.  Good post Norwalk. 

+1 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Nice offensive line blocking in them high lights too, I like a back that makes a cut and then squares up and gets up feild with that kind of acceleration!!

The RB's that often dance in the hole or make crazy moves or go backwards to escape find they can not do this at the next level.

I don't see any bad habits, you would have to think Purdue, Indiana and UC will be coming soon along with other MAC schools.

Very Nice looking Running Back!!

"The Past Builds the Future"

Turner picked up his first offer tonight, from the University of Toledo.

BuckeyeAZOH's picture

Marshall and Kent St as well from what I have heard.

Purple Raider

+1 HS
Norwalk's picture

He now has offers from almost all of the MAC, Navy, Illinois, and Minnesota.

Norwalk's picture

You can add D2 State Basketball Champion to his resume now!

gonzogrover's picture

Minster is usually grouped in with Northwest Ohio so how about Eli Wolf, he's a 6'4" 205 lb tight end who Scout has as running a 4.6 40. His older brother Ethan recently early enrolled at Tennessee as a tight end and Eli looked to be every bit as good as him this past season. Eli will be a senior next year and has talked with Tennessee, Penn State, Indiana, and Michigan State among others already. I'm not sure if he has any offers from them at this point but I'd be surprised if he wouldn't follow his brother to Tennessee if offered.

Adam21's picture

Sorry to go off topic, but I am just curious on your thoughts on Minster's new head coach? Has he lived (or will he) up to expectations?

gonzogrover's picture

Before our previous coach, Coach Nate Moore who is now at Cincinnati LaSalle, the program was floundering. It seems like Coach Stokes took a little bit of getting used to and has a little bit different style than Moore but the team seemed to improve and adjust to him as the season went on. Will he live up to the expectations that Coach Moore set for the program? I sure hope so but I just don't have a good feeling about it.

I had a younger brother play for Coach Moore and it's impossible to overstate the affection those kids had for him as a coach. I think as long as Coach Stokes keeps the kids working hard in the offseason that we'll have a chance to keep improving but as always at the high school level, the school district's gene pool has to help out too. Coach Moore was definitely helped out by having some pretty darn good players come through while he was here. A couple kids that went to small colleges and Adam Niemeyer who's now a freshman pitcher at OSU and got some football attention from Big Ten schools as a quarterback if I remember correctly.

+1 HS

Eli got an offer from Jacksonville State tonight, not D1 but it's his first offer. I am sure he'll end up with more.

Seattle Linga's picture

Kid could really turn out to be a strong asset, especially with his 4.6 40 at TE. You say he'll have more offers, I am sure they are on their way. 

+1 HS
Vinginia_Buckeye's picture

Elijah Elliott of Toledo Whitmer is one to watch. Older brother is at Kent State as a safety. Getting a lot if attention from TTUN and Mich State along with Cincinatti.

" I'm a Buckeye "

JasonR's picture

My hometown (Leipsic) is pretty tiny and my alma mater is D6 in football. So pretty much no love from big time programs.

But I'm hearing that a Junior OL, Gavin Cupp, is getting some attention and has even spoken with Coach Meyer.  Bucknuts had a story about him today too (which I can't read - not a member).

Seems like a really good kid and his dad was actually my position coach in HS. Birm or anybody else, is Gavin on your radar and do you have any other info about his recruitment or OSU's level of interest?

sox33osu's picture

That's crazy to hear. I'm a Liberty-Benton Eagle. Great to see a kid from the BVC getting some love.

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I have an update on Gavin Cupp for today. It'll be in my piece that is posted at 3:00PM. Definitely a guy to watch. 

Danify's picture

Excellent Jordan! Can't wait to read it.

Crimson's picture

Chris Green - (LB) Central Catholic, Toledo

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/401450

UFest57's picture

Logan Grieser - OT/OG. 6'3" 290lbs out of Arlington HS (south of Findlay). Class of 2015 currently committed to Marshall. Big, smart kid that comes off the ball well. He is working on his footwork and could potentially see more offers come his way. 

JasonR's picture

Nice to see more BVC kids getting attention from big time programs!

Norwalk's picture

Breck Turner carried 20 times for 330 and 4 TD's Friday night vs Edison.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3106011/highlights/69457391

DEF D's picture

I went to Van Buren BVC dudes.

-1 HS