Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Year's Team vs Last Year's

+2 HS
BuckeyeFanInBoulder's picture
December 31, 2023 at 10:15pm
10 Comments

Pretend we have time travel. There's no doubt in my mind that if the '22 offense had the '23 defense, Day beats Harbaugh twice in one season in a 1/4 matchup, then Georgia gets trucked by Stroud in the final after beating TCU in the 2/3 game. [After the Peach Bowl I firmly believed that Day was within less than 5 years of a title, given he was simply an injury (more such as JSN, but just thinking about Marv in the Peach specifically) and a few inches away from beating defending Kirby and getting that 15-0 trophy. I hate losing but I was proud of the effort and the rebound from the scum game. After Friday's clown show on offense... suffice it to say the summit of the mountain seems further away.]

Rather than combine the best parts of the past 2 seasons, what if they played each other? This might be a better indication of the gap from this and last year, overall. Let's even cheat and play this on December 1 rather than Jan 1, so McCord is the starter and Marv is playing. Still no JSN for '22 squad.

I think it would be something like 35-16 in favor of the 22 squad.

What's your score, why, and do you think that says anything about this season as a whole? Any fortune tellers in the group can also feel free to add their score for the 23 vs 24 squad.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments