Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

One Scene from the Cotton Bowl Showed Me All I Needed to See

+8 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
December 31, 2023 at 9:23am
114 Comments

Exhibit A for me that this program is going downhill was Cade Stover. Man, I love that dude, he's probably going to wind up on my list of favorite buckeyes of all time with the likes of Eddie George and Malcolm Jenkins...

But what I saw the other night involving Stover that proves to me the football program is screwed without significant change at the top is Stover, Mr. F'ing Buckeye, a captain, went seven shades of fury on all 5 of those excuses the Buckeyes sent out on the fields as the starting OL... and what did those 5 guys do in response? They literally did less than nothing. They didn't improve a single % point the rest of the game.

If this were the Urban Meyer era and that were say Taylor Decker, or JT Barrett, or anyone of that era that was considered a leader, I couldn't imagine guys hearing them and just hanging their head and continuing to be horrible and just accepting that outcome. 

Cace Stover is the definition of leadership on a football team at that level, if you are playing shitty and he gets in your ass and you can't find any scrap of fight or effort from within, then I think I have seen all I need to see to know that Ohio State football is going the wrong direction. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 114 Comments