Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Would the Score Have Been with a Fully Staffed Offense?

+5 HS
stantmann's picture
December 31, 2023 at 1:45am
50 Comments

After the Cotton Bowl all of us were very disappointed, and many more were just flat out pissed off. I was one of those guys too. Calling for people to be fired, demoted, almost all of us have done it. I still feel that way, but not so ticked off about the game as I was just 27 hours ago.

As time has worn on (since the game ended), I realized that OSU was flat out better than Missouri. Who'd have thought 3 guys could have made such a difference?

The benching of Carson Hinzman was a real head scratcher. Ryan says it was because he was struggling in practice, of course most of us don't believe that. This hurt OSU more than any of us could have realized when it was announced. I feel Devin Brown was more than capable to lead this offense. Certainly being his first start, he wouldn't be close to Kyle McCord level, but he would be enough to score 20 points or so as the game wore on. Marvin Harrison was a huge loss too, Devin and Lincoln Keinholz were missing the Biletnikoff winner, which might have allowed the Buckeyes to score a few more points as he would have taken more coverage guys with him on every route.

This New Year's Eve morning. I got to thinking and realized this game doesn't hurt as much as I originally felt when the final whistle blew. Michigan still hurts, that game sucked, it's going to hurt until next year's game. OSU was fully functional, and took UM down to the wire. With a few breaks OSU wins. I know if these 3 guys played, OSU would have won this game. Missouri had trouble moving the ball against OSU, and they certainly would have had less than the 12 possessions if OSu could have kept the ball more.

What do you think the score would have been if OSU had McCord, Hinzman and Harrison playing in this game?

As always keep it positive, everybody gets an upvote.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments