Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Changes Are Coming- My Personal Opinion

+4 HS
Bukirob's picture
December 30, 2023 at 10:27am
91 Comments

Changes ARE coming.  The only question is will it be in this offseason or will it be after the TCUN game?

Day needs to give up play-calling.  PERIOD.  Tonight can not be any more of a CLEAR INDICTMENT of just how out of sorts things were.  Austin let slip that an assistant coach "missed" a team meeting/practice.  The inference was that it was an unexcused absence and that it was the OL coach (that's the inference) Park Fleming has more than shown he has no business being on the staff at OSU.  There needs to be MAJOR changes on the offensive side of the ball.

Cory Dennis did not have LK prepared to play.  There is no way that Brown's ankle was 100% during bowl prep That makes the lack of preparedness even more glaring.  He needs to be encouraged to seek career opportunities that expand his resume and his experience elsewhere.

Ryan needs to find and HIRE the best O.C. available.  He then needs to work with that OC in hiring the best OLine coach available.  Day needs to work with LJ in a succession plan and hire an OL coach in waiting.  The new OL in waiting coach can take Flemming's spot.

Day needs to bring in Will Howard.  Howard is not the best passer but competent enough but, what he is, is a freight train when running the ball.

It's perhaps not fair to DB that his ability to show what he can do has been limited by being injured.  That is tough but here is the thing, in the limited action we have seen there is NOTHING that tells me that he is the guy.  If he doesn't want to compete, well, BUH-BYE.

I know the "talk" was that a lot of guys are coming back.  I hope that is true. However, those same people hearing that info are the same people telling us how great the offense looked under brown and how explosive they were.  

That was perhaps the worst offensive outing I've ever seen by the Buckeye.  Look I wasn't mad at the team/coaches when they got TRUCKED by Alabama in the title game in 2020.  Alabama was demonstrably the better team we had like 14 starters out because of the conference's stupid Covid restrictions.  Ohio State has more talent on its roster than Missouri has. Outside perhaps UGA and Alabama they have more talent than ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY.  0 excuse for less than 250 yards of offense and 3 points.  And THAT is why I am so mad about what I saw last night.  The offensive line was just a complete wreck.  

If Day does not make these changes now, it will lead to his being FIRED. Not if, but when.  The incoming new A.D. has absolutely no allegiance to him and will move quickly if things don't have a MAJOR turnaround

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments