Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Article on MSN Leads Me to Believe Marvin May Play in the Cotton Bowl.

+3 HS
stantmann's picture
December 29, 2023 at 4:09pm
45 Comments

***UPDATE Marvin out for Cotton Bowl ***

Marvin has been a team player since he has been here. His competitive desire is ito play and shine. It's built into his blood from his father. We've all seen the picture of Marvin on the stationary bike. He does not look happy being a spectator. A lock for sitting the game out, right?

A Timm Hamm Article on MSN, describes Hartline being coy on whether Harrison will play. "How do you know Marvin’s not playing? I don’t know, I guess we’ll just have to find out on Friday," Ohio State wide receivers coach Brian Hartline said while grinning. "Coach [Ryan] Day can hit on that when you guys ask."

Hartline went on to say, "Any rep that he doesn’t take, he is frustrated and always wanting to be out there on every rep, It is my job to make sure he doesn’t expose himself to any rep he does not need, but as far as how much playing time and all that, I’m sure Coach Day can iron that out for you guys. But Marv’s ready to roll if you ask him."

I also had the same feeling that Olave would play in the Rose Bowl, but was quickly proven wrong. This time, I think there may be more to Harrison playing just off of these quotes alone.

Knowing the competitor Marvin is, Hartline and Day are probably fighting to keep him off the field to protect Marvin from any injuries. I would love to see him get the start, play a series, score a TD, then sit for the rest of the game to protect his best interests.

Marvin wasn't born, or from Ohio, but he is a true Ohio State Buckeye, and his legacy is already cemented as one of, if not the best OSU Wide Receiver of all time.

Photo courtesy of elevenwarriors.com

As always keep it positive, everybody gets an upvote.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments