Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs Mizzou 1976 Video

+2 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture
December 28, 2023 at 4:47pm
5 Comments

I came across this YouTube video yesterday of the September 25, 1976 game between the Buckeyes and Tigers. I was at this game as a kid, but my memory of most of it had faded except for the ending. Ohio State had beaten MSU and PSU to start the season and was ranked #2. Ohio State scored first and then Mizzou answered to tie it at 7-7. The Buckeyes scored two more TD's before the half to go up 21-7. In the second half, the Tigers D stiffened. Down 21-14, Mizzou went on a lengthy drive at the end which concluded with a tough catch for a TD. They elected to go for two to win it, and did not make it on the initial pass attempt, but the Bucks were called for defensive holding. The Tigers' QB Pete Woods then ran it in for the winning score. I remember being heartbroken from this game.

The first three quarters are silent as it comes from game film. The fourth quarter is from the Missouri TV broadcast. Rod Gerald was the QB for the Bucks and you can see him do his option magic. Jeff Logan and Pete Johnson both gained over 100 yards, and the later scored all three Ohio State touchdowns.

So sorry to post an Ohio State loss the day before the game (I pray it doesn't being any bad juju), but I thought some might be interested in the nostalgia and history. I believe the results will be much different tomorrow with a resounding Ohio State victory!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ORCdMTRIsaI&si=0_hA7v-Gbh0N5QMN

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments