Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Comments After CJ Stroud's First Loss at OHIO STATE

-5 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture
November 26, 2023 at 12:46am
40 Comments

The fan base has every right to opinions. I thought that it would be interesting to share some comments from previous seasons about CJ Stroud's future at OHIO STATE (https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2021/09/124789/presse...):

The coaching was not great but if Stroud is all we have at QB we are in for more losses. I don’t believe he’s the one and if he’s the best QB on the roster the losses are deserved.

The QB situation needs to be addressed as the starting job needs to be up for grabs again. Stroud did some good things but him throwing high is a huge problem.

And Stroud still looked like a deer in the headlights at moments.

and 3rd on Stroud - I don’t care about it being his second start or him being young blah blah blah. He missed Myain in the flat in the first half to throw into coverage, he miss Olave and Wilson both deep for sure touchdowns. Threw behind Wilson for a touchdown. And the interception in crunch time, he throw over Olave and it’s picked, he make that throw and Olave the smooth runner he is, has a chance for a first or at least 4th and short. That plays has to be made and Bryce young makes that play. Other young First time starting Qb’s make that play. If we win a game and the other QB has almost 500 yards passing, we say that it only happened because they was trailing. Wellllll stroud had a lot of yards, but is just not accurate enough. To much talent on the sideline to see if someone has that “IT” factor. Especially since he has not had the run factor. 

stroud has shown me nothing that tells me he will not continue to be inaccurate. 

Stroud’s stats look way better than how he played.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments