Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Buckeye's Guide to Going to the Big House

+18 HS
AVBuckeye's picture
November 21, 2023 at 1:35pm
11 Comments

For better or worse I've been to every OSU-UM game since 2002, home and away.  If any of you are on the fence to go, just go.

Ann Arbor: Ann Arbor is a nice college town, but this is not the time to see it. This is a business trip. Get in, go to the game, go home.

Parking: get there early (get into town by 9AM). Park south of the stadium off of Main Street, perhaps the golf course if there are still spots. This will allow you to more easily get on the highways heading south when the game is over.

Get Into the Stadium: The best way to avoid clown fans is to get into the stadium right when it opens at 10AM. Get to your seat early. At least one UM fan will make small talk with you. Be polite and reciprocate. Compliment the stadium and the campus. This person will vouch for you the rest of the game and tell people to shove it if they are getting out of control, which is rare. 

The Crowd:  Building on this last point, there is a huge difference between the message board clowns and the Michigan fans that actually go to the game. You will notice that most of the tailgate lots are full of $75,000+ cars. Again, just get there early, get in the stadium, and you won't have any problems. In the 10 or 11 times I've been there, I've had an issue with a total of 3 or 4 fans, and nothing ever got close to an actual altercation.

Avoid: Absolutely do not go anywhere near the NW corner of the Stadium (Sections 26-33). This is the student section. They are more hospitable than others (looking at you Penn State) but there are still a lot of clowns looking for trouble.

Where to Sit: Generally anywhere in the south endzone (Sections 3 to 21). This is opposite the students. TBDBITL now sits at the top of Section 7 or 8. I like sitting right below them so I can hear our band. There are no bad seats there. End zone seats are like watching all 22 film. Corner seats give you a nice angle. 

Conclusion: In my opinion you have to go to Michigan Stadium at least once for The Game. It will change your perspective on things.  You will know what Hell is like.  And if we win up there, I promise you, it will be your favorite win of all time.

GO BUCKS.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments