Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Well That's Embarrasing. MH Jr's Recruiting Profile.

-2 HS
stantmann's picture
November 16, 2023 at 2:47am
47 Comments

Once in a while I like to look at recruiting rankings, and past recruiting profiles, to see who was a hit or miss. I was curious what happened to all those safeties and CB's who left the last couple years (only 1 of those 6 guys from 2020 and 2021 has cracked the starting lineups on their new team). While looking, I started looking at all the #1 guys in 2021 (Ewers, Tuimoloau, Jackson, Henderson and Emeka) and dug deeper into Marvin and Emeka's rankings.

In 2021, OSU picked up Emeka Ebuka, a surefire superstar. He was the #1 Wide Receiver, and was the #10 overall recruit. The Buckeyes picked up another Wide Receiver that year, Marvin Harrison Jr. Other than being Marvin Harrison's son, he didn't carry much hype on a national scale. In fact, he was the #14 Wide Receiver.

Brian Dohn, a national recruiting analyst had this to say on 247's page.

"Great frame with length but needs to add strength. Big, strong hands. Can eventually get to 220 pounds. Son of NFL Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison. Great route tactician. Gets out of breaks quickly and is precise in his route depths. Good release and technical at top of routes. Has separation skills. Uses size and length well to shield defenders. Red-zone threat. Catches every routine ball and tracks it well. So smooth he makes it look effortless. Needs to add strength to handle jams and become more effective blocker. High-level player for Top 15 college program. Should develop into a second- or third-round NFL draft pick."

Wow, talk about an all time backfire. I'm sure this guy has had his share of misses, but this one is particularly bad in hindsight. With Harrison projected to be the #1 overall pick (the last #1 WR was in 1996), and he was projecting 2nd or 3rd round, I bet he wishes he could take this one line back.

As usual, everybody gets an upvote on my posts...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments