Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 5 Players From Today's Win

+4 HS
nafimafi's picture
September 16, 2023 at 7:26pm
26 Comments

so, I did this after every win last season, where I recapped who I personally thought were the best OSU performers. just initial reactions right after the game finished, not looking at highlights or any sort of replay. whomever jumped off the screen for me.

last week's: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2023/09/140688/top-5-players-from-todays-win

week 1: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2023/09/140498/top-5-players-from-todays-win

September 16th (Western Kentucky)

1. Denzel Burke: Man, this dude is really living up to the standard that he set on himself over the summer. Extremely fundamentally sound, sticky, and actually made some huge tackles. He mirrored WKU's WRs the entire game and had the smarts to get hands on the ball and not the WR's body. Had some great PBUs, forced a fumble, and didnt allow much open space.

2. TreVeyon Henderson: He was excellent today, arguably the catalyst of the offensive explosion in the second quarter. He looks extremely fast, chose the right gaps consistently, and finished off runs with aggression and strength. He stretched the defense and really allowed the offense to keep the chains moving with ease. RB1.

3. Steele Chambers: Another super fundamentally sound player today, he did a great job of diagnosing against the run and stays in good position in zone coverage. Has become a really strong tackler and he ran sideline to sideline the entire day. His interception was awesome and he is really a strength on this team.

4. Kyle Mccord: I thought he had a rock solid game today, did exactly was he was supposed to do, threw no picks, and stretched the field with his strong arm. He spread the ball around, while making sure Marv and Emeka got the meat of possession. He was mostly extremely accurate and made great decisions the entire day.

5. there were so many players today worthy of getting into the top 5. i wrestled between Marvin, Stover, Proctor, Emeka, Chip, Matt Jones... but i choose Tyleik Williams: He was extremely consistent in the middle of the DLINE today, making some huge stops and plugging the hole, especially in the 2nd half. Also made a huge fumble recovery in the end zone. Also got one of those elusive sacks.

i also wanna deviate from the list and give some love to Melton, Abor, Matthews, Tate, and Brown for making the most of their limited play time. They all made huge plays.

Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments