Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

We Have To Run Effectively In Short Yard Situations!

-1 HS
Sheridanclan11's picture
September 3, 2023 at 7:20pm

There were a number of first game issues yesterday and I have seen a lot of hand-wringing over the QB. We don't have an All-Big Ten QB on the roster but McCord and/or Brown will be fine given some time. By far, the most disturbing problem was the OL and, specifically, our inability to run in 3rd and 2 situations. This will be 3 years in a row where there is no confidence in our short-yard running game. With our QB play not being as stellar as in the recent past, we have to work this out of we will struggle to finish in the Top 3 in the Big Ten East. I know our OL recruiting has been a challenge (I have said this year we will be haunted by that weak recruiting) but are we really sold on Justin Frye? I see OLines with far less talent performing much better and I remember back in the Coach Tressel days when we had less talent and the line was much stronger. Thoughts on why we have struggled so much with our running game the last couple of years?

Mod Edit - closing, as this is being discussed plenty here. 

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2023/09/140531/...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.