Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Good Has NIL Done for Ohio State Football? …

-1 HS
Olentangy Ballers 4 Life's picture
December 21, 2022 at 1:16pm
79 Comments

Question #1: I’d like for someone to tell me what good NIL has done for OSU?

Nothing. That’s the answer. All it’s done is cost business and donors a ton of $ !

Question #2: Since NIL became a thing — has recruiting become harder and worse, or easier and better for OSU? 

Harder. Worse.

Because what NIL has done is “level the playing for” for the has-beens/never-was/failures. See Miami, Tennessee, USC, Auburn, Texas A&M, Louisville. 
OSU is literally losing head-to-head battles they would have easily won, because of NIL.
And, the way OSU approaches NIL — no upfront $ — whether right or wrong … is also costing them battles against Georgia and Alabama. I personally think it’s insanity to give high school kids who haven’t played a down in college, haven’t prove a damn thing — 6 & 7 figure money. Up front! Hell, those desperate j’mokes at Tennessee went $8 Million ! 

Now the toothpaste is out of the tube. The NCAA, SCOTUS just opened the floodgates with no restrictions or guiderails. What a can of worms. 

Mindnumbingly stupid decision. 

I just can’t figure out what ANYbody who is an OSU fan, why in their right mind, would they support or be happy with NIL? 
IF you’re an OSU fan, tell me, what good has it done OSU ???
I’m not talking about what good has it done “the kids”, or what good has it done college football. I’m talking specifically Ohio State.
The answer is a resounding nothing. It’s made recruiting so much worse.

Collateral damage is we’re gonna lose good college coaches to the NFL.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 79 Comments