Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

CJ Stroud’s Frustration/Passing Game Struggles

+8 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture
October 2, 2022 at 11:04am
140 Comments

I couldn’t help but notice that CJ Stroud looked visibly frustrated at times on the field yesterday and perhaps the passing game struggles were getting to him.

Is there a deeper issue with our passing game that we aren’t really discussing? Are teams taking the deep ball away? We saw this against Notre Dame and Stroud struggled. It happened again yesterday and at times against Wisconsin.

You could see the visible frustration all over Stroud’s face yesterday and there was a time he even forced a deep pass into triple coverage and it got picked. I was wondering if he threw that out of desperation because he misses the deep ball. Are defenses adjusting to our passing game and daring us to beat them with the run, or are our wide receivers struggling to get separation?

I could see this being a cause for concern later in the season against better competition. I think things will only improve when JSN gets back as well. Hopefully someone better with X’s and O’s can break this down.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 140 Comments