Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Possibility of Playing TTUN 3x in One Year...

+4 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
August 31, 2022 at 12:20pm
47 Comments

I've been thinking about Conference and Playoff Expansion a little bit. Gene wants the eliminate divisions and have the two best teams play in the CCG.  It seems the playoff will soon expand to 8 or 12 and possibly 16 teams.

It seems possible that Ohio State and Michigan could finish the regular season, heading to the game undefeated (a la 2006).  This means they could likely play a rematch the following week. If they split and are both 11-1, they could both make the playoff (even at 4 teams).

Even if they don't split, lets' say an undefeated OSU and a 10-2 TTUN finishing #1 & #2 in the B1G have a strong chance of finishing in the top 8 of the polls, certainly the top 12 or 16.  

So, it may be possible to play TTUN (or the #2 team in the B1G, like a USC or PSU or Wisky) 3x in one season in the not so distant future. 

Not sure how I feel about that development. I wouldn't mind beating TTUN 3x, though. Not sure if it takes some luster off THE GAME, though. What do you all think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments