Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ryan Day is Going to Give You 60 Seconds to Address the Team on Saturday

+9 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
August 31, 2022 at 8:31am
51 Comments

Saturday night, head coach Ryan Day is going to allow you to stand in front of the team immediately before they go down the tunnel to go to war with the fighting Irish... You have 60 seconds to tell the team whatever you want or whatever you think will get them even more pumped than I'm sure they will already be... What are you going to say...

"Gentlemen, how many reps this summer? How many squats and deadlifts and power cleans did you do? How many days in the heat and sprints in the heat, and nagging aches and pains... How many days did you wake up leading up to today not wanting to take another step? How many days did you wake up this summer and during camp not wanting to do two-a-days and have to empty your tank on the field? Let me ask you another question, how many times do you think those guys in that other locker room did the same thing? Are you willing to lie to yourself and believe that they put in the hours you put in and that they went as hard as you did every single day? Are you willing to believe that they took on the grind as intensely as you did? Because I'm not... I'm not willing to lie to myself and think for one second that those jokers in the other locker room want this the same way you want it... And if you are, then take that jersey off, give that helmet back, and don't even bother running down that tunnel, because this is it, this is the moment, champions leave this locker room, take that field, and put an ass beating on the team we're playing tonight... If you're not a champion, identify yourself as such, and stay right here in the locker room, but for everyone else, for everyone else that wants to take a chance at touching greatness, and everyone else that wants to be a part of history, that tunnel and that field, and those 107 thousand people are all here to watch you take the first step to immortality... NOW LET'S GO, BUCKEYES AGAINST THE WORLD!"

That might have come down to more than a minute, but if I say it fast enough it works XD

I'm so pumped for this Saturday, so ready to see our team hit the field and do the great state of Ohio proud. 

Let's hear your best pregame speeches! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments