Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Marriage Made in Heaven

+15 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture
August 31, 2022 at 12:11am
28 Comments

Oh yes.  

“I can hear the softly tinkling bells in the distance, and the gleeful guests as they wander and whisper through the garden’s most intimate lanes.  The twittering bridesmaids blustering about, and dancing upon flowers of maize and blue.  

And then palpable silence falls, as the most beautiful maiden in the kingdom…the princess herself…possessing a beauty far beyond the closest comparison…first glimpses the man who had already captured her heart the winter before.

A darkened visage in the moonlight could not deny the young king’s royal majesty, if only from the way he held himself in those gleaming gray and scarlet robes.  But he had eyes only for his love, and moved to her in silence.  He pressed her smoothly to his chest, and stretched out his hand over the kingdom.  “For you, my love.  Half my kingdom!”

The guests froze in awe, knowing that this union would bring peace among the two kingdoms, and they would unite as one!  

It was indeed, a marriage made in heaven.”

From “A Tale to be Told”

And yes, it is indeed, a “marriage made in heaven”.   

Ryan Day could objectively be seen as an offensive genius.  We’ll come back to that.  He also starred as Captain Picard’s First Officer Will Riker, but that was before football and in another galaxy.

Hang tight.  Here’s the point:

Day’s mind is now free to roam into advanced offensive strategies…because he can trust a guy on the defensive side.  

That man is Jim Knowles, who is salivating at what his high risk high reward defense can do with NFL caliber kids.  

It’s never been tried.  Not yet…but it’s about to announce itself.  Might you imagine a top three defense?  I believe it is coming.

Knowles has been called the “head coach of the defense” for a reason.  And his defense, with big time athletes…is giving the nation’s number one offense…fits!   

Knowles wants to build a mindset within the scheme.  “Once the players know that you care, they’ll go to the wall for you, and I believe we’re at that point.”  The kids have absolutely bought in, and they have done so…fully.  You can see it in body transformations and changed attitudes.

This 2022 defense…is gonna blow your socks off. 

Even though it’s cliché to say “Iron sharpens iron”, that’s exactly what is happening here.  Day is finding the holes, even the tiny ones, in his offense, and he is closing them.  Correcting them.  Molding an answer to every possible question.  This Offense is going to be extremely dominant.  Feared, in fact. 

Why?  Because again…trust in Knowles to fully run the Defense is freeing Day’s mind to concentrate on creating the offensive wrinkles and improvements necessary to refine this offensive juggernaut…into a Death Machine.

What I see is a perfect marriage here, a stingy attacking Defense that gets the ball back to it’s Significant Other when it’s not pick-sixing for itself.  And that’s why Ohio State WILL go undefeated and hoisting national championship hardware this year.  And by the way, they WILL…muzzle the maize and blue!

This IS…The Year of the THE.

Now, a prediction?  Even peeking over my scarlet and gray glasses and peering down upon the truth in all it’s rawness?

56-17

Serious?  Yep.  The Knowles Defense makes a statement, and the Day Offense…coasts to the differential!  It is only Day’s respect for the young Buckeye coaches on the opposite sideline that spares Notre Dame a worse embarrassment.  He will try to hold off a bit, but the young talent he has “in the wings” will just come in and perform as well!  I mean…

How do you tell ‘em No?

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments