Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hurry Up/No Huddle

+7 HS
rkylet83's picture
November 24, 2021 at 9:49am
24 Comments

With the plethora of coverage The Game is getting from everyone, there is one key vulnerability that I think has taken a back seat and hasn’t been covered much.  Michigan has REALLY struggled with the no huddle/hurry up.  See highlights below from the MSU game. 

On two of MSU’s TD’s they completely caught Michigan napping while substituting.  At other points during the game they hit big gainers by mixing in tempo and not allowing them to get set or adjust.    
I feel like this situation could be similar to what we did with Clemson last season.  Venables always shifted his defense at the last minute to change the look (from stolen signs) and Day neutralized it by hurrying up from the huddle and hitting Clemson when they were misaligned.

We haven’t run a ton of tempo this season compared to other years, but does anyone think we’ll see a ton of it early on Saturday to take advantage of this vulnerability?  I expect Day to mix in quite a bit more tempo into the game plan.  With Henderson’s breakaway ability, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him house one.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments