Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Game Plan for MSU

+5 HS
BuckeyeCrusdader's picture
November 14, 2021 at 6:41pm
44 Comments

Big game coming up with the Spartans. I believe the Spartans will be our defense’s toughest test of the regular season and obviously the same for their defense facing their toughest test. I personally believe the Spartans will try to play ball control with Walker running the ball and a shorter passing attack. They’re going to want to keep our offense off the field. While they have a solid QB and receivers I think we should take a little more risk and force them to try to beat us over the top. I don’t think they’ll be able to consistently hit longer passes and I believe our pass rush can win. Brown and Burke are both pretty darn good CBs. 
When we’re on offense we have to identify their defensive game plan and attack it. Our rushing attack look improved in both blocking and using both Henderson and Williams. If they have to commit extra defenders to cover our WR we need to run the ball until they have to play more defenders in the box, at which point our WR and Stroud should be able to shred their suspect secondary. I kind of doubt they will come out trying to play against the run which is why it will be critical to get the rushing attack going early.

We have to make Thorne win the game. I’d rather risk them hitting big passing plays down field than giving Walker a chance to have a huge day. 

Buckeyes 45
Sparty 31

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments