Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs Oregon - 657 Days

+9 HS
Large Father's picture
September 9, 2021 at 9:31pm
3 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

657 days.

College football and fans just seem to go together. 

It’s a different game when the stands are empty. I will even take a full stadium of Minnesota fans rooting against my team in the pouring rain over an empty stadium. 

The game is still the same by definition. Each team has a set of four downs to make at least 10 yards. The goal is to drive the field and score either a touchdown or kick a field goal. But, it might as well be a different sport without the fans in the stands. 

It’s a symbiotic relationship. The players have more energy from the energy the fans provide. It’s loud. It’s brash. It’s American. 

I love the noise when the home team is playing well. I love the silence when they are not. I like the fans dancing to the band and the band's triumphant march. 

I've missed the broadcast with shots of the devastated fans when their team is on the losing end, shots of the fueled-up, celebrating student section. Last season, I even somewhat missed seeing the infamous superfan clown-shows. 

College football stadiums intentionally hold 100,000 people. The crowd roar is part of the whole experience. 

657 days without it.  The full experience of college football returns to Ohio Stadium this weekend. People with long-time game day routines have their Saturdays back. Red coat ushers will make their way down to the stadium early.  Some of the tailgates will already be underway as the sun rises.  

I can’t wait to see Ohio State football the way it should be experienced when the Buckeyes take the field at high-noon Saturday!

Touchdowns: Olave, Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ruckert, Miyan Williams, TreVeyon Henderson

OSU 42 Oregon 28

Go Bucks! Beat Oregon! Haskell Garrett for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments