Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who Would/should Have Replaced John Cooper After the '93 Season?

-1 HS
GoBuckswin's picture
August 22, 2021 at 2:06pm
76 Comments

Assume that after the 28-0 loss at TTUN in late November, 1993, and despite the 9-1-1 season (ending in 10-1-1 after the BYU bowl win), Gordon Gee orders that John Cooper be fired. After all, going 0-5-1 against your rival is just not acceptable. (I know there is a certain coach up north that would love to be 0-5-1 against his rival after this November. Of course there are no more ties, only OT).

Who do you think would have been the choice to replace Cooper after the '93 season and who do you think should have been the choice? In hindsight, I would choose starting the Jim Tressel era 7 years earlier. However, I don't think OSU would have done so at that point in time. They likely would have selected someone that was already at that higher level of college football.

So, who does OSU tab and who should they have tabbed to take over at that point in time? Does it mess w/ the Jim Tressel to Urban Meyer to Ryan Day timeline? I would assume so...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments