Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

B1G Expansion

0 HS
Northbrook's picture
March 21, 2021 at 4:05pm
69 Comments

A recent topic on The Scoop was about B1G expansion where NevadaBuck mentioned 4 possible candidates to add; Missouri, Virginia, North Carolina & Toronto.

I have no idea if we could add those schools or any others but if we are going to expand I think we should add 6 schools. Those above plus Pittsburgh and Kansas. Those are all AAU schools which is important from the academic perspective. 

I'd split up into 4 subdivisions of 5 teams each with each subdivision playing all the teams in their and another subdivision each year. Which other subdivision you play rotates each year. That gives you 9 conference games. So there are two larger divisions made up of 2 subdivisions but the two subdivisions in each division change each year.

Here are my proposed subdivisions,

Ohio State Nebraska Northwestern Rutgers
Michigan State Iowa Wisconsin Maryland
Toronto Missouri Illinois North Carolina
Pittsburgh Kansas Purdue Virginia
Michigan Minnesota Indiana Penn State

Pittsburgh would be a tough sell. tOSU and PSU would probably protest. Again, I'm not sure we could get any of these teams. Their contracts with their current conferences come into play.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 69 Comments