Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

With Spring Practice on the Horizon, What Early Enrollee Do You Think Could Drop the Black Stripe Early?

+1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
January 27, 2021 at 9:25am
36 Comments

As we know the long standing and absolutely fantastic tradition we were gifted with to witness as fans was Urban Meyer introducing the black stripe initiative where incoming freshman would have to earn their right to be officially a part of the team. They would have to dawn a black stripe on their helmet until they earn the right to have their big brother on the team remove the stripe and have their helmet covered with the traditional Buckeye stripe.

So if you had to choose one early enrollee that will partake in spring practice that might have a crack at getting their stripe removed early, who do you suppose it will be?

I think the smart money is on Jack Sawyer, but this may be the toughest year to choose one guy who could break through over the others because all of these guys seem so intent on making a name for themselves, and they all really seem to embody what it takes to be a Buckeye.

I'm going to say Jack Sawyer, but Treyveon Henderson, Egbuka, and Carrico also wouldn't surprise me at all.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments