Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why OSU Wins It All...

+5 HS
Bukirob's picture
January 2, 2021 at 11:54am
28 Comments

For the next 10 days (its already started) OSU will hear why it will lose the title game.  And Why this narrative is wrong.

I'm a big fan of advanced stats.  Clemson using these metrics was the #1 rated defense in the country. It goes without saying, OSU has to have that kind of performance to beat Alabama that it did against Clemson.  OSU WILL move the ball against Alabama and score points.  No one has really even slowed down Sermon who for the 3rd game in a row has been a MONSTER toting the rock. 

Notre Dame had 375 yards total offense.  Alabama had 435 total yards.  Alabama's defense is not as good as Clemson's defense.   That isn't a slight it's just statistical reality.  Alabama has a good, not great defense.  

I see the OSU offense doing pretty much the same to Alabama's defense as they did to Clemson.  ND was very effective with the TE  and OSU's TE showed what a weapon they can be.  IMO this game is going to come down to the defense and can the secondary produce the same kind of game as they did against Clemson?  Shawn Wade HAS to play MUCH better than he did last night.  

My single big concern potentially losing Justins running because of those ribs.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments