Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Time to Move Demario McCall Back to the RB Room Full-time.

-4 HS
DroneBuck's picture
November 2, 2020 at 9:43pm
63 Comments

We are absolutely loaded at WR and it’s obvious McCall isn’t going to help us at Wideout. We probably have the best 1-2 punch in the country at receiver and a full smorg of options behind Olave & Wilson, with a healthy mix of young guys and veterans giving us no shortage of pass-catchers on the roster. Couple that with 3 or 4 reliable TE’s and it’s obvious the only area on this offense we are a little thin: The RB room. Our backfield is sorely lacking a diversity of skillsets, and i fear if we ever find ourselves getting bottled up it’ll be no surprise if it’s because we don’t have a back with the wiggle or burst to break off any runs. Master Teague runs downhill and if there’s a big enough hole for him to pick up a full head of steam he can be effective, Steele Chambers has a similar running style. Trey Sermon was supposed to have some shake but his burst is sorely lacking (atleast thus far). Many are lamenting & yearning for the return of Marcus Crowley to provide us with a different dynamic in the backfield, but he’s still nursing back from injury. Fact is 3 of our top 4 RB’s are not far removed from significant leg surgeries. 

At some point this season we might need a potential sparkplug at tailback to give us some juice! Someone with a different stride who might might be able to hit a different hole and give this offense a jolt in the running game. 

Can Demario McCall help us at RB? I don’t know... maybe. But it’s blatantly obvious he’s not going to be a WR for this team. I think it’s time for Demario to have a role as a potential ‘change of pace back’ in a RB room that isn’t exactly shifty or explosive.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 63 Comments