Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Are They Setting Up a #1 OSU vs #4 Alabama Semi-Final?

0 HS
lljjgg's picture
November 26, 2019 at 7:57pm
75 Comments

Am I a conspiracy theorist for suspecting for a few weeks now that they would move OSU back to #1 (obviously we all feel they deserve it) so that they could get Alabama in as #4 without having to set up an LSU-Alabama rematch that no one wants to see?

I have no proof of this, it just feels like OSU vs Alabama would be a much easier sell for them than LSU vs Alabama #2 (as that LSU vs Alabama national CG rematch was part of the reason people wanted a playoff system in the first place). It also draws a lot more eyes than OSU or LSU vs Utah (or Oklahoma), which is win-win for the committee. They get everything they want: ratings and Alabama in the playoffs. I'm not complaining though, I would get great satisfaction out of OSU potentially either beating two SEC teams in the playoffs, or beating one SEC team in the first round and Clemson in the 2nd. It would exercise a lot of demons.

Also: Beat Xichigan, I get it. This week is all that matters, etc. etc.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments