Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

100 Years Ago Today - Ohio State's FIRST Ever Victory over Michigan!!!

+9 HS
Il_Padrino's picture
October 25, 2019 at 3:29pm
17 Comments

On October 25, 1919 - our beloved Buckeyes beat TTUN for our first of many victories in this extremely important series.

Prior to 1919 the Buckeyes had not fared so well and had lost 13 games and tied twice against Michigan.  Since 1919 “The Rivalry” has Ohio State vs. Michigan taken on legendary status and is considered one of the, if not the, greatest rivalries in all sports.

Chic Harley made a huge impact in the game by intercepting four passes and scoring all points on offense for Ohio State.  Following the Buckeyes' 13-3 win, the legendary Michigan head coach Fielding H. Yost asked to enter the Ohio State locker room and was granted a rare moment to address the Ohio State team and stated "You deserve your victory, you fought brilliantly.  You boys gave a grand exhibition of football strategy and while I am sorry, dreadfully sorry, that we lost, I want to congratulate you. And you, Mr. Harley, I believe, are one of the finest little machines I have ever seen."

My exceedingly RARE Ohio State / Michigan Program - this program is 1 of only a few known to exist!!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments