Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

(Penn) Live Thoughts on a New Day in Columbus

+14 HS
Hovenaut's picture
August 19, 2019 at 10:55pm
91 Comments

The premise: I spent a few years back in Pennsylvania a few years back, often reading The Patriot-News out of Harrisburg. I still get news feeds from time to time off their digital platform PennLive. 

Up pops a write-up from David Jones, an award-winning full-time columnist who covers the Penn State hoops and football beat for The Patriot-News, with them since 1989 and in the sports journalism game for over 35 years. I've been a fan of his work for some time, and it probably doesn't hurt that he's an alumnus of The Ohio State University. So it helped being behind enemy lines reading the goods from another who has made his career being behind enemy lines.

That all said, Mr. Jones is as objective as they come. I've learned as much on Penn State from his column as I have any Nit fan I've encountered over the years (there's been a few). But his most current read has been one of the more fascinating of his that I can recall, and wanted to share here...his thoughts on Ryan Day, and how Jones feels Day will fare in his first HC gig in one of college football's most storied kingdoms.

No spoilers, but give it a go...what else you going to do with 11 (almost) days to kickoff...

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2019/08/ohio-state-is-not-a-s...

Enjoy.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments