Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why Do OSU Crowds Always Get out "juiced" at Neutral Site Games?

+5 HS
Brohio's picture
January 2, 2019 at 4:44pm
95 Comments

I was at the game yesterday and I can unfortunately report that Washington's crowd was much more hyped and loud than Ohio State's despite having noticeably fewer fans in the stands. Even when the Huskies were down 21-3. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon at neutral site games? I've been to a few bowls over the past few years and the B1G Championship in Indy and this seems to be the case every time, with smaller crowds of opposing fans going berserk and completely drowning out any Ohio State attempt to counter. The only thing I can think of is that Ohio State is every opposing team's Super Bowl if you will, and teams are more excited to play us than we are to play them. Has anyone else noticed this or have any other ideas of why? 

*After the game was a different story. I got to see Coach walk into the tunnel and there must have been a few thousand people down there going insane for him and it was truly a beautiful moment

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 95 Comments