Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Demario McCall's lack of PT against Indiana

+8 HS
cdub4's picture
September 6, 2017 at 3:17pm
61 Comments

One of the questions I have seen the most on the boards since the Indiana game was why McCall didn't play more. I did listen to Meyer's call in show where he addressed him, and responded to a few posts, paraphrasing what I thought I heard Coach Meyer say. I couldn't really find a quote, although I do believe DJ had one in one of his Skull Sessions.

Apparently questions about McCall were the most popular topic that Ryan Ginn got in his mailbox for Land of 10's weekly column. Ginn quoted Meyer, and posted a link to the audio in his answer.

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/ohio-state-mailbag-demario-mccall-2017

“He’s had a little bit of an injury,” Meyer said. “He had a hernia surgery in the spring. We’re bouncing him back between that hybrid (and running back). He’s just gotta get stronger, faster and stay healthy,” Meyer said. “He’s still very much in the plans in the return game. I think he’s a backup with K.J Hill (at punt return), but he’s back there with him. I think we’re going to start both of those guys.

“We still feel very strong about him. He’s just got to stay healthy and become a dynamic player. We’ve seen signs of it. He just needs to be more consistent. We all love him. He’s a great kid. His biggest thing is you better be lightning fast or you better be strong. To be not that, that’s where he’s working. He’s coming on, but he’s got to stay healthy.

You can find Ginn's opinion and the link to the actual audio in the link above. Hopefully this answers some of the questions people had.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments