Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Pick your four first-round locks for Ohio State in 2018

+5 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
June 28, 2017 at 10:51am
53 Comments

As we drone on through the off-season, and attempt to keep the conversation going, I thought I'd do my part and post about a discussion I'm having with a co-worker and fellow Buckeye fanatic...

Of the entire roster, from any RS Sophomore, to any upper classmen in his final year, you can pick 4 "locks" to be first round picks in the 2018 NFL draft... Who do you have, and why?

1. Jamarco Jones- I think he's the best LT in the country.  He's a guy people just don't talk a lot about, but for an OT that's a great thing.  I think he didn't get the props he deserved last year because the other side of the line left some things to be desired.

2. Jerome Baker- He's just a freak.  He's got the athleticism and speed of Darron Lee, but he's got more size.  The NFL will love him, he'll be what Jaylon Smith was supposed to be.

3. Denzel Ward- Should easily be the #1 corner off the board IMO.

4. Tyquan Lewis- I don't think his measurable will leave anyone with their mouth watering.  I liken him to Derek Barnett of Tennessee this past season, he didn't test all that well, but scouts and coaches fell in love with his game film.  I think when you're the leader of a defensive unit, and you are in a unit that has a super heavy rotation at your position, but you still lead the team in sacks for multiple years, that means something.

Honorable mention: Dre'Mont Jones (I think he'll go in the first, but I feel more confident in the players above), Mike Weber (the RB class will be absolutely loaded this year, so it's tough to find a place for him), Marcus Baugh (just because I think Wilson will make the TE a focal point in the offense, Baugh could show out and sneak his way at least into the second round).

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 53 Comments