College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

CFB committee sugestions

-1 HS
JJBuckeye's picture
December 18, 2016 at 1:28pm
28 Comments

Personally I believe there are way to many bowls for College football . 

I also feel that there has to be a better way of selecting bowl games, after the committee has picked the four for the CFB playoff, to create better matchups for the people at home to be more interested in watching up until the playoffs begin.

Most importantly, I want to talk about geographical location of these bowl games and how they are being selected.

My suggestion of a better selection format is simple, and probably that is the problem with my thought process, and why the committee wouldn't use it. After you pick the top four teams for the playoffs #5 plays #6, #7 plays #8, etc until all the bowls are filled.

Now for the location of where these bowls would be played could go as follows: Each game should be played at a neutral site,  which means the same distance of travel for school A and school B so that both fan bases can have an easier access to attend the games and to afford to attend these games.  I have seen bowl games with no one in the stands besides family, friends, some students, the band, and ushers.  How do they make money with this scenario?  Isn't that what the NCAA is all about, the mighty dollar?  Why make an East coast team, and a South team play on the West coast? 

I know there are some traditions that the committee take into consideration like the Rose Bowl has a PAC 10 Big Ten teams, etc  but these are new times and I personally would like to see a bunch of top ten teams play one another, #10-#20 teams play one another then some of these 9-3 teams play a 6-6 team.  

This is just my opinion, right or wrong, but I would like to know what other eleven warriors nation thinks also  Go Bucks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments