Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Columbus/Ohio State gameday. Do you travel mostly to see the GAME live, or to experience all that comes with it?

0 HS
Thedrw's picture
October 29, 2016 at 8:39am
10 Comments

http://blogmaverick.com/2011/12/24/the-fan-experience-at-sporting-events-we-dont-need-no-stinking-smartphones/

So I came across this blog by Mark Cuban a while ago (I realize he is a polarizing figure). I think he has some great points. When I think back to my first gamedays with my Dad, or later to my college days, or taking my kids to their first games, or even more recently, my daughter taking me to a game with her tickets, what I remember more than the game itself is who I was with, what we did before and after, where we went to eat/drink, etc.

DVRs help, but for game viewing, I much prefer watching on TV than sitting in the stadium. I also love the whole gameday experience, and I miss some the things that are no longer available (Hineygate at the HI, RVs at St. John, Papa Joe's to name a few).

What are your thoughts? And do you often partake in on or near campus pre- and/or post-game activities even when you don't go to the game?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments