Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Most Talented RB Ever?

0 HS
EZE4TD's picture
January 28, 2016 at 4:56pm
93 Comments

This comes from the Mike Weber thread, but I didn't want to hijack it. NUTINPA said Zeke is arguably the 2nd best RB in modern-day OSU history. Not sure, but I assume he's putting Archie #1 (please correct me if I'm wrong). I would agree Archie is the most successful RB we've ever had (hell, I named my son after him--true story), but I wouldn't say he's the most talented, based on our current view of what a RB looks like and does (and that rules out the previous Heisman winners as well, I would say). I love Eddie, but I have to say, I think Hyde topped him as being the most talented RB we've had. If it hadn't been for the suspension, Carlos takes a real run at Eddie's single-season record and would have been given serious Heisman consideration. What did he have, like 1 negative-yardage run the entire season? So now I'm pondering, would I put Zeke over Hyde as the most talented ever? That's a tall statement. Better blocker and receiver and more of a home-run threat, but best ever? And then there's Mo. What would he have done had he played more than a year. So I'm asking, ranked on perceived talent, who would your top 10 be? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 93 Comments