Ohio State football fan talk.

Still Can't Believe We Didn't Hang 50 At Least Once

0 HS
Marlon McClear's picture
January 14, 2016 at 11:40pm
34 Comments

One mind-blowing stat from last season?

Ohio State failed to score 50 points in a game.​

​After the 2014 championship season, I bet if somebody made a bet of whether OSU would score at least 50 points in 1 game or more for the upcoming season --- I bet every single OSU fan would take that bet on the side of OSU easily topping 50 in at least 1 game.

Ezekiel ​Elliott, J.T. Barrett, Cardale Jones, Michael Thomas, Jalin Marshall, Braxton Miller, Curtis Samuel, Nick Vannett, and basically the whole O-Line, Defense, and Special Teams returning, and a pretty manageable schedule, and the first unanimous #1 preseason team ever...yet we didn't score 50 once. That's pretty crazy in today's fast-paced college football world. 

​Anyways, I'm not complaining, just surprised. Even though it wasn't a satisfying season, it was still a top 5 finish, with a beating of TTUN, and Notre Dame. So there were some bright spots for sure. Just think it's interesting.

​So, I'm curious --- how many of you would've wagered before last season started --- if someone bet you we couldn't put up 50 or more in at least 1 game? I would lost a lot on that bet.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments