Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

11 -1 But Still Disappointed

0 HS
Osusam77's picture
December 6, 2015 at 7:33pm
63 Comments

Well, one more time on this topic now that we know our fate. I know we are spoiled and I know we should be happy with a 11-1 record with a New Year's Day bowl, but I am just not satisfied because of what could (and should) have been.

From my view there were issues this year that we overcame with sheer talent. In hindsight: 1)  Not Urb's best coaching year - he knew we had to fight complacency, but we didn't do it. He knew he had coaching changes, but didn't control it. He didn't take control of the play call in the most important game of the year and wasn't able to get his team to rally. And last, the QB situation went on too long and never got finalized until time ran out. 2) The players never played like they wanted to repeat. No desire to crush the teams we should have beaten by 21 points. The talent was there, but we didn't see the desire. It seemed like the team never pulled together like last year and some players may have thought teams would lay down or may have been too concerned about moving to the NFL. I really don't know what.

I love this team and many of these players will go down as some of my favorites. I love this coach (and the his staff) and wouldn't want anyone else. But part of me thinks this goes down as another significant disappointment like several teams in the 90s and 2006 when we let it slip through our fingers.  Am I being too hard? Monday morning quarterbacking? Can't help how I feel. 11-1, #7 and disappointed.  Now let's go pound ND!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 63 Comments