Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Question About Meyer's New Book

0 HS
GregB's picture
October 29, 2015 at 9:30am
33 Comments

Meyers book has been quite the topic on many shows this week and I experienced (second hand) one interesting reaction to it.   Ill tell the story and then ask the question.

A surgeon at the hospital where I work is a huuuuuuge FSU guy.  He travels from Athens to Tallahassee on a pretty regular basis and is one of those guys (like many of us here) that just eats and sleeps sports...... especially FSU sports. Yesterday one of my colleagues was doing a case with him and he couldn't wait to talk to me after the case, knowing I was an OSU guy.  Apparently at some point this surgeon started talking about Meyers new book and was very upset with some things that Meyer supposedly wrote about FSU in particular.  My friend said he just went on and on about how "Meyer has no room to talk considering how many of his former recruits have long rap sheets...."  blah blah blah.  Apparently it took him a long time to let it go and my friends comment was simply that he takes this CFB stuff waaaaay too seriously.  He was mildly amused at first but at some point he was just shaking his head thinking "get a life"

So my question is; Does anyone know of any specific things Meyer called FSU out on in his new book?

Full disclosure;  I likely won't buy the book.  I love Urban but I have found most "coach books" to be the same so I likely won't spend the money.  Ill totally eat up a 30 for 30 on the 2014 Buckeye run if its ever produced.  I think its a great story and would love some inside looks at how things went down, I just don't like the "coach book" format personally

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments