Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The one Buckeye who HAS to have a HUGE chip on his shoulder

0 HS
buckeyehistorian's picture
October 6, 2015 at 10:17am
42 Comments

...is none other than Cardale Jones.

Everyone is looking for the type of motivation to break through possible complacency, like last year's "Ohio Against the World" theme. Everyone doubted the Buckeyes last year, but this year the doubt has been directed firmly at #12. Media pundits, former Buckeyes, and fans are questioning him, doubting his ability to run the offense, obsessing over how much better JT might be (trying to make a case for JT being the starter). 

All the while CJ has gotta be building that chip on his shoulder, and if this team is as close-knit as we have been told over the past year, I imagine his teammates are rallying around him as well. CJ is clearly going to be the guy this year unless he totally melts down (I guess this is a possibility), despite the (unprecedented for a national championship-winning QB) bashing he has gotten from Buckeye fans and their yearning for JT at QB. It's pretty painful to see so many Buckeyes turn on him, but my point is there may be a silver lining in all of this. I will always support the Buckeyes (especially if they keep winning of course), but I will also say that if and when Cardale gets his vindication, it will be very very sweet to watch.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments