Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Date in Gray Box History: Nick Vannett (6-30)

Matt Gutridge's picture
June 30, 2015 at 8:12pm
8 Comments

This series will highlight the commitment anniversary date of Ohio State players. I have commitment dates from 2003-2015.

Note: I don't have all of the commitment dates for all of the players from those years, but I'm working on it. 

Nick Vannett

Nick Vannett had a .912 comp. rating and was the 11th ranked TE in the 2011 class.

ON JUNE 30, 2010 NICK VANNETT (TE) COMMITTED TO OHIO STATE
Excerpt of an article from Steve Patterson brutus report.com:

Nick Vannett felt the people and the recruiting class of 2011 sold him on Ohio State. A local recruit for the Buckeyes, Vannett comes from nearby Westerville Central where he caught 20 passes as a junior for 240 yards and 2 touchdowns. Rated the 12th best tight end in the country, Vannett joins Jeff Heuerman as a top rated tight end to join OSU in 2011.

[...]

Vannett’s decision was made a little bit earlier than the public found out about it. He visited Ohio State for their summer camp, performed well, and gave his commitment the day after camp ended. He thinks the 2011 class can be something special with the strong offensive and defensive lines in addition to the number one quarterback prospect in the country in Braxton Miller. Vannett predicted that another central Ohio product, Ron Tanner, would be joining the class when he spoke with the media a couple of days before Tanner did commit.

Vannett's highlight film from Westerville Central and NBC 4:

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments