Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Date In Gray Box History: Michael Hill (6-27)

Matt Gutridge's picture
June 27, 2015 at 5:13pm
6 Comments

This series will highlight the commitment anniversary date of Ohio State players. I have commitment dates from 2003-2015.

Note: I don't have all of the commitment dates for all of the players from those years, but I'm working on it. 

Michael Hill

Michael Hill  had a .924 comp. rating and was the 15th ranked DT in the 2013 class. 

ON JUNE 27, 2012 MICHAEL HILL (DT) COMMITTED TO OHIO STATE

Excerpts from Alex of elevenwarriors.com:

The good times continue to roll this week for the Ohio State Buckeyes. Just a day after the Buckssecured the services of ATH Darron Lee, one of the nation's top defensive tackles in Pendleton (SC) Michael Hill gave his verbal pledge to Urban Meyer.

The 6-2/315 Hill is a consensus four star prospect across all recruiting services and is ranked as the fifth best at his position by Rivals, twelfth best by 247 Sports, fourteenth best by Scout, and seventeenth best by ESPN/Scout's Inc. He held offers from LSU, Clemson, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, and many others before committing to Ohio State.

[…]

In Hill the Buckeyes get an outstanding defensive lineman who has the ability to come in and step right into the role Jonathan Hankins will hold this year on the defense, something very few, if any of the current players or other verbal pledges have the capability to do. This is a huge pull for Urban Meyer as he continues his quest to compile the best recruiting class for 2013 on the national level.

At 6'2 315 pounds, Hill already has a college body heading into this senior year in high school. Given Johnathan Hankins' potential departure for the NFL Draft after the 2012 season, Hill will be in the mix to be included in the rotation from the moment he steps on campus.

Michael Hill

Michael Hill's Ohio State Stats: 
Since 2013 Hill (77) has played in 7 Games made 3 tackles, 1 TFL and 1 sack. The Illinois game on 11-1-14 was the last time Hill played.

From Doug Lesmerises and Cleveland.com (1-29-15):

• Next man up: Michael Hill

No one watched Michael Bennett more than Hill this season.

"I watched film on everything he does," Hill said at media day before the Buckeyes' National Championship victory over Oregon. "I don't think he knows this, but I watch more film on him than I do on myself. 

[...]

A four-star recruit from South Carolina in Ohio State's elite 2013 recruiting class, Hill hoped he'd make a bigger splash by now, like classmates Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott, Vonn Bell and others.

"It hasn't been what I expected," Hill said. "It's really just the talent. We have talent everywhere. All I can do is prepare my hardest. I believe when I get my chance, people will know that I'm more than ready to play."

[...]

He listened every time Bennett offered advice at practice. And he never stopped watching and learning. 

"I think I've got a good chance to start next year," Hill said.

One Michael out, another Michael in.

Highlights from Hill's junior year in high school:

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
THERE WILL NOT BE AN ARTICLE IN THIS SERIES TOMORROW. I DO NOT HAVE ANY PLAYERS COMMITTING ON 6-28.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments