Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Rob Landers has got it together

0 HS
toad1204's picture
June 8, 2015 at 1:09pm
15 Comments

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/After-State-Meet-Landers-Ready-To...

Kid Man-child (6'1", 290-305) has faced all the adversity of a lifetime and just graduated high school.  His Dad was shot and killed while closing his car wash when Rob was younger.  Wayne almost didn't have football last year.  Looking forward to seeing this young man on the field.

Unfortunately, Landers knows of what he speaks when he talks about not taking anything in life for granted. His father Robert Landers Sr. was murdered when he was just a youngster.

“It’s been my motivation and my drive every day to carry on my dad’s legacy number one,” Landers said. “And give my family a better opportunity in life to succeed.”

“I just know he was shot and killed one day closing down his car wash,” Landers said. “We don’t know who did it, it sucks, but sometimes when God wants to take you, sometimes He does take you in vicious ways. But when it’s your time to go it’s your time to go.”

“I’m very undersized for a defensive lineman but the person that I am, the athlete that I am , the football player that I am has established a certain mentality for myself that even though yes I am undersized, I can always help excel my game in different ways,” Landers said. “No my genetics didn’t put me at 6-4 or 6-5 and 320 pounds, they put me at 6-1 and 290 to 305. But I’ve taught myself how to work on my weight and how be more explosive. If I have to stay and do those four or five reps then that’s what I’m going to do. If I have to stay in the gym for an extra hour or watch more film when I get home then that’s what I’m going to do.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments