Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Dream Ohio State Offensive Line

0 HS
UniotoTank55's picture
April 14, 2015 at 12:41pm
10 Comments

I have always had a soft spot for offensive linemen, playing right guard for my high school.  Here are my picks for the Ohio State offensive line dream team. 

Left Tackle - Orlando Pace.  If you didn't see this one coming, you aren't a true buckeye fan.  Whether innovating the offensive tackle position, winning consecutive Lombardi awards, sharing his recipe for pancakes, or becoming a Heisman finalist, Pace is almost certainly the best offensive lineman the buckeyes have ever had.  He will likely join the Pro Football Hall of Fame soon.

Left Guard - Jim Parker.  While never winning a Lombardi or Outland or Team MVP, Parker is the only player on this list in the Pro Football Hall of Fame (at least for now). He did enjoy a lot of success in college in spite of the lack of accolades, however, appearing on one all-american team, winning a national title in 1954, and being selected eighth overall in the pro draft in 1957.  

Center - LeCharles Bentley.  The only buckeye to win The Dave Rimington award (most outstanding center in America), Bentley was also an All-American.  He did enjoy some pro success, playing four years with the Saints and making two pro bowls.

Right Guard - John Hicks.  Hicks is another recognizable name, and one known for being tenacious on the field.  His accolades include both an Outland trophy and a Lombardi award, as well as being an all-american his senior year.  He was selected third in the NFL draft following this stellar senior season.

Right Tackle - While I must give props to two-time all-american Chris Ward, this one goes to Korey Stringer.  This 350 pound behemoth blocked his way to being both an all-american and the 1994 team MVP.  He was also a one-time NFL pro bowler, playing six seasons with the Vikings.

There you have it, this is who I think is Ohio State's dream offensive line.  Who is on your's?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments