Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Has Coach Meyer Built/Building a Hybrid?

0 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
March 14, 2015 at 8:03am
36 Comments

As we continue in the Urban Meyer era, his results get better each season which are not exclusive to one facet. Getting used to his brutally honest demeanor during interviews and pressers took a little time to get used to. Yet I still wince sometimes at his pre game and half time comments. I have to remind myself that he was a psychology major @ UC. I think he is painting his master piece.

By appearances he has taken everything he has learned coaching and seeing other programs while ESPN and improved  his program management. he is without a doubt the master of the mental side of college football. Saban is close but his ego slows down being able to adapt to the ever changing world that is college football. Magically our offense matured in the post season to the intended level he has been seeking since he took over. With a big armed QB that can run like Cardale, a deep threat devin smith, eze, Wilson & marshal and last but not least Heurman, who do you defend? We saw the desired effect of his offense, which is to create man on man match ups in space. I could go on about each facet of the program from Pantoni to Marotti to dietician Sean McMickel. Dare I speak 3 pete? I'll even give 3 perfectly good reasons. (albeit maybe my fantasy) Braxton and Cardale at times play simultaneously @ multiple positions  Next its all JT and Gibson also @ multiple positions for both guys. The depth and talent level we have on offense is starting to get mind bottling.

th?&id=HN.608017393649714433&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Sorry for the rant but just thinking about the possibilities under Meyer just got me jazzed this morning. Btw I inadvertently posted this prematurely after I embedded the you tube video.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments